● Test Scoping, working with test lead/test manage to scope out the size of a change i.e. number of days.
● Prepare test cases working with business users and developers.
● Complete test scripts and raise defects where relevant. Work with developers and test lead to ensure quick resolution and to call out risks/issues to delivery manager when required action is not being taken.
● Support 3rd party technology partners with their test cycles for UAT.
● Working outside normal hours to provide a 24X7 support Service.
● Preferable degree in any field or otherwise other equivalent qualifications or relative work experience.
● Other professional IT qualifications/ Certifications would be an advantage.
● Testing background – used to managing to deadlines and understanding of test cycles and defect management.
● 3-5 years working within an IT environment or strong background in other areas.
● JDA Warehouse Management system (WMS) experience or similar warehouse management experience.
● JDA Dispatcher, Red Prairie or JDA WMS (Latest Version)
Personal Qualities and Skills:
● Results focused and resourceful, ability to solve problems creatively.
● Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately, including presentation skills.
● Good organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to cope with a heavy workload.
● Tenacity and the ability to tackle challenges with optimism.
● Enthusiastic, outgoing, energetic, highly motivated, able to work without close supervision but able to contribute as a team member.
● Ability to draft accurate and concise reports and to effectively communicate the agreements negotiated by UL IT.
● Evidence of an innovative approach to any of the above.
● Committed knowledge sharer both via documentation and other less formal communications.
● Keen to learn from experience, formal training and tailored self-betterment.
● Ability to be honest when facing adversity – need to demonstrate when they have been able to give bad news, even
when it was not ideal.
● Highly analytical, methodical and organised with attention to detail.
● Ability to interpret often conflicting information from multiple sources and be able to present meaningful results to appropriate management.
● Demonstrate excellent problem resolution skills.
● Have the ability to work with other technical teams to understand both the business requirements and functional impact.
● Self motivated and able to identify and define development requirements.
● Be able to work on your own initiative and prioritise in a fast moving environment.
● Work well as a member of a team.
● Flexible to overtime requests.
● Good communication skills both verbal and written pitched to the appropriate level.
● The ability to convey technical information to senior management in a clear and concise manner.
● Produce documentation to a high standard and must be proactive in knowledge transfer to other teams.
|Job Category||Information Technology|